Monday, September 28, 2009

Character Names

MFAers,

This morning, I stumbled on a page at babynames.com while looking for character names for my newest story. The article there has some really good information for naming characters, so I thought I would pass it along. And I just want to add that, if you need to find a surname, ancestry.com is good for that; and you could probably even search for "meaning of surnames" in Google and get some excellent results. That's how I found ancestry.com, although I've been there before.

Happy naming!

Roger

UPDATE: Surnames.behindthename.com is an excellent place to search for surnames! Houseofnames.com is also great.

3 comments:

  1. behindthename.com also has great stuff - lots of categories and lots of information on background and meaning and whatnot

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great resources! I'll add them to our resource list on the left. Thanks Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goaheadsaysomething (Casey): Thanks! I put that as an update, but thanks. Well, a subdomain on it, but it gets you there. LOL. ;-)

    ReplyDelete